Monday, April 5, 2010

These are some examples of lamps that I found that really interest me because of the interaction of light with the material and form. The lamp above is really interesting to me because it seems very organic yet is minimalistic and mechanical in design. I love the way the black lines are used to brake up and enhance the beautiful white form of the body and shade.
These next two lamps are really interesting to me because of the repetition of the curves and how slight changes in them make these beautiful forms come alive. The patterns created by the inner structures are also very beautiful and just the way the lines intersect and curve is very elegant.

The materials in these though I feel could possibly be pressed a little farther to create a piece that is truly breathtaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment