Monday, February 8, 2010

Inspirations of form

Things that make me excited This image is inspiring to me because of the way the tree branch has been used. I've been trying to figure out for a while now how to incorporate elements of nature into my work dealing with the human body. I feel like there is a lot of room for them to work and play with each other but then there is also the ability to harshly contrast them.
Repetition is something that is also starting to interest me. The way things can become complex and beautiful just from using the same simple for over and over is very interesting to me. also how minimal change can make things seem completely different.

I really love the form of this collar. The way it wraps around the body and is so organic and yet has all of those mechanical line on it. I have been trying to figure out the balance of those two for a while and I fell like this is a good example of what it should be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment